USDA Cover Crop Termination Guidelines
Click on the graph below or click here for a detailed Green Savings analysis of this webinar.
Jul 25, 2013 2:00 pm US/Eastern
Length: 00:56 (hh:mm)
- Norman Widman, National Agronomist, USDA Natural Resources Conservation Service
- Tim Hoffman, USDA Risk Management Agency
- Clay Lagasse, USDA Farm Service Agency
- Rob Myers, Ph.D., Agronomist, Extension/SARE, University of Missouri
- Certified Crop Advisors - 1 hour CCA Self Study - CM Credit
- Conservation Planner - 1 hour Conservation Planning Credit
USDA agency personnel and others should join this webinar to become knowledgeable about the recently developed USDA Cover Crop Termination Guidelines for Non-Irrigated Cropland.
See "Cover Crop Guidelines Contacts" in Related Files below to submit a Frequently Asked Question (FAQ).
Supporting information and FAQs are available at Cover Crops and Soil Health.
Cover crops serve multiple conservation and farm production purposes. Various USDA programs offered to producers impact the use and management of cover crops and can impact benefits if not managed within acceptable guidelines. The recently developed USDA Cover Crop Termination Guidelines represent a unified and science-based set of guidelines producers can follow to achieve conservation and production purposes of cover crops and remain eligible for all USDA benefits offered by different USDA agencies.
This webinar is sponsored by the USDA NRCS Ecological Sciences Division of the Science and Technology Deputy Area. Contact Norman Widman, National Agronomist, for more information about this webinar.