Cover Crops: Why grow a crop you don't sell?
Click on the graph below or click here for a detailed Green Savings analysis of this webinar.
Mar 28, 2014 11:00 am US/Eastern
Length: 00:59 (hh:mm)
Pre-registration not required.
- Madalene M. Ransom, Ph.D., Economist, USDA NRCS East National Technology Support Center, Greensboro, NC
- Russell Hedrick, Owner, JRH Grain Farms LLC, Hickory, NC
- Lee Holcomb, District Conservationist, USDA NRCS North Carolina, Newton, NC
- Certified Crop Advisors - 1 hour CCA - CM Credit
- Conservation Planner - 1 hour Conservation Planning Credit
The participant will learn about the transition to cover crops, an economics method for assessing the on-farm value of cover crops, and criteria for judging a case study.
Cover crops are increasingly popular, but can they be profitable in the first year? And what’s the true cost of cover crop adoption? In this webinar you’ll learn some remarkable facts and figures from a farmer who conducted his own on-farm test comparing cover crop with no cover crop for corn and soybeans.
This webinar is presented by the USDA NRCS East National Technology Support Center. Contact Madalene Ransom, Ph.D., Economist, for assistance with conservation adoption case studies. Contact Holli Kuykendall, Ph.D., National Technology Specialist, for more information about this webinar.
Captions play for Internet Explorer users.